EATAW Conference 2015
Hosts for the 8th Biennial EATAW Conference 2015
The EATAW Board would like to invite bids from institutions that wish to host the 8th Biennial EATAW conference in the summer of 2015.
Bids should include the following information:
- reasons why the location/institution is suitable for the EATAW conference, including the involvement of the institution or its members in academic writingan
- indication of the proposed style or concept of the conference, including suggestions for possible themes which align with the EATAW mission. (The theme should allow for the inclusion of strands and workshops which relate to these important issues.)
- confirmation of the official support of administration of the institution for the biddescription of the facilities/staffing provided by the institution that will make the conference possible
- the number of participants the institution can host (for comparison, recent conferences have been around 260 to 310 participants)
- indication of adequate infrastructure and accessibility (including accessibility by cheap flights, relatively central location in Europe and attractiveness of the location in itself)
- an indication of type, range and cost of accommodation available and approximate distance from accommodation to the conference locationan anticipated conference fee (recent conferences have been around 160-190 euros - the aim is to keep the fee low but without incurring a financial loss)
- any other relevant supporting information.
Bids should be submitted in writing to John Harbord by Friday 31 January 2014, and should not exceed four pages.
With best wishes,
John Harbord (Co-chair, EATAW)